What Levers Do Restaurateurs Pull to Drive Traffic?
Convenience, digital accessibility and Instagram-worthy aesthetics are all tools to drive traffic in today’s environment, according to restaurant executives who gathered this spring to talk about how they’re meeting consumers’ evolving needs.
The conversation took place at the Dining Directions Roundtable, which was sponsored by the National Pork Board and held during the National Restaurant Association Show in May in Chicago. The wide-ranging conversation focused on how customer demands have changed in the past five years and the levers companies can use to drive sales.
Dining Directions participants included:
- Frances Allen, CEO of Boston Market
- Mario Del Pero, co-founder, Mendocino Farms
- Laura Rea Dickey, CEO, Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants
- Tara Dugan, director of consumer and marketplace insights for the National Pork Board
- Brian Ingram, chief development officer of Williston Holding Co.
- James Park, CEO of Garbanzo Mediterranean Fresh
- Cammie Spillyards-Schaefer, vice president for culinary and menu strategy for Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
- Scott Uehlein, vice president of product development and innovation for Sonic Drive-In
- Ron Ruggless, moderator and Nation’s Restaurant News senior editor
Get highlights from the discussion!